|Height||6' 3" (192 cm)|
|Weight||234 lb (106 kg)|
|Hobbies||Self-discipline, making bracelets
|Small red bars indicate red mask
Small blue bars indicate blue mask
Small yellow bars indicate yellow mask
This page is a stub and needs more information. Please help ARMS Institute by expanding it.
Misango's design appears to take heavy influence from Mayan culture. He wears a golden headband and a blue shirt and shorts, the shirt being adorned with a golden medal that depicts Misango's logo. Misango's arms appear to be made from some type of woven fabric (likely his namesake, misanga bracelets).
"Misango is a skilled fighter who is fiercely devoted to his homeland, and the power of the Misanga. During a fight, he channels that power with the help of the little woven sprite that hovers at his side. His reasons for competing in the Grand Prix are simple—to prove that the Misangan fighting technique is superior to all others...and to win!" —Official description
The main draw of Misango is his spirit buddy; if Misango charges up for long enough or guards long enough that the spirit drops in front of him and Misango walks into the resulting pillar of light, the spirit will fuse with him, powering Misango up with one of three different types of masks. The mask attribute that Misango can gain depends upon the color of the spirit when the charge or guard is complete.
- Red makes Misango resistant to punches (like Master Mummy's super armor), increases ARM girth and general size, increases grab damage to 180, but decreases speed on the ground and in the air as well as overall jump performance.
- Blue increases Misango's mobility both in the air and on the ground, but decreases ARM girth and grab damage to 150.
- Yellow fills the Rush Meter at a faster rate, and blocks punches automatically when activating a Rush Attack, but decreases movement speed and decreases grab damage to 150.
The spirit also provides a shield from attacks if Misango guards for long enough. Misango can change/remove the current mask he wears if he charges fully again, guards for long enough that the spirit becomes a shield in front of him, or gets knocked down.
|4.0.0||Added to game.|
|4.1.0||▲ Can now move sooner after putting on a mask.|
To select a costume, click and hold , then hold in the direction of the desired costume while confirming with .
Grand Prix Ending
- Misango is the first character to have all his default ARMS be of the same attribute, although Master Mummy's default ARMS only use the fire attribute; the Megaton doesn't have one.
- Misango is a pun on misanga, a type of bracelet that symbolizes good luck and friendship. This is fitting because making bracelets is stated as one of Misango's hobbies, and Misango's extendable ARMS look like misangas.
- Misango is one of the fighters whose two victory animations reflect the state he is in when the battle is over, namely whether he is wearing a mask or not. (The other being Min Min with her dragon ARM)
- Misango's guardian spirit has no official name.
Names in other languages
The Spirited Fighter