Want to discuss some aspect of wiki policy, suggest a new idea for the site, or propose some other big changes? Click the Add Topic link above!
Party Crash events
- I would definitely say yes; the information should be recorded, and it'd be huge on just the Party Crash page. AmoongussForLife (talk) 12:34, 21 November 2017 (UTC)
I am currently looking at the rules for Tournament/Player notability and I dont really understand some things.
- I think for a player to be notable, a placing on the ARMS dashboard and having attended some Tournaments should be enough. It is not very fair to link it to the tournaments because individual player skill isnt taken into account and because of time zones, they might not be able to attend as many tournaments considered "major". Also, I participated in two "major" tournaments. Im still Rank 11 though and by no means known in the ARMS-scene which makes my point clear.
- Also, 32 Participants is pretty unrealistic, considering how big the current scene is. And who defines "recognition" and "historical value"?
- Here's the logic behind these decisions:
- Individual player skill is taken into account. You have to place in the top 10% of participants for multiple tournaments. If a talented player isn't involved enough in the tournament scene to do that, they aren't notable in the context of the scene.
- Tournaments with only ~25 players probably don't have a large enough talent pool for most of the participants to qualify as elite.
- The community determines the definitions. It offers a little flexibility for the policy in case we stumble across an exception to the rules of thumb.
- I hope this satisfies your concerns. If there are any points you feel I haven't sufficiently considered, feel free to let me know. Nyargleblargle (talk) 01:02, 22 November 2017 (UTC)