|Height||5' 10" (179 cm)|
|Weight||150 lb (68 kg)|
|Affiliation||Rasen Ninjutsu University|
|Voice Actor||Kenji Takahashi
|Charge Dash Distance||118%|
|Max Charge Time||2.1 seconds|
Ninjara is a playable character in ARMS. He is a Japanese college student studying ninjutsu. As a ninja, his gameplay style revolves around stealth, where he can disappear while dashing mid-air or if his opponent tries to punch his shield.
Ninjara appears mostly human except for his red spiraled irises and his coiled chain arms. His green hair is pulled up into a topknot in the shape of a four-pointed shuriken, with chain links to hold it in place. He wears a black, green, and blue suit resembling ninja gear, blue goggles made out of chains, and black and green boots.
"Currently training at Ninja College, or as it's officially named, Rasen Ninjutsu University. The ninjutsu techniques of this 'student of stealth' allow him to disappear into thin air and make fools of his opponents! The ARMS Grand Prix doubles as his senior project, and that challenge is the one thing he won't hide from." —Official Description
Ninjara is a training ninja student at the Rasen Ninja University who enjoys reading books and hiding like a ninja. He has come to the ARMS tournament to represent his own university.
Ninjara's abilities are designed to evade attacks more easily. For example, each time Ninjara blocks an attack he disappears, thus receiving no shield chip damage, and teleports to a different location, which allows him to counterattack. He can also teleport a short distance in the air while air-dashing.
|1.0.0||Added to game.|
|2.0.0||Fixed issue where Ninjara would not destroy the light boxes on the Ribbon Ring stage when getting up.|
|3.1.0||▲ After getting some advice from a Ninja College alum, distance traveled when performing a mid-air mist warp has increased. "Mid-air mist warp" refers to the ninja technique performed by dashing after jumping.|
To select a costume, click and hold , then hold in the direction of the desired costume while confirming with .
Grand Prix Ending
- Ninjara was one of the first characters announced as playable, being revealed alongside the game itself during the Nintendo Switch presentation in January 2017.
- Ninjara was in the original trailer known as "The Elusive Ninja" instead of "The Student of Stealth".
- Ninjara's voice actor, Kenji Takahashi, also voiced Piston Hondo in another Nintendo game based around punching, Punch-Out!! for the Wii.
- At any given time while playing as Ninjara, the sound of the chains which make up his ARMS rattling can be heard as he moves around.
- Ninjara's name is a portmanteau of "ninja" and "jara jara," the Japanese onomatopoeia for the sound of a rattling chain.
- Ninjara says "Kore nite DORON!" at the credits. It means "I'm going now". DORON is originally the sound that a ninja makes a smoke screen and vanishes.
- Ninjara's logo is a stylized version of the kanji "忍" (lit. nin), meaning conceal, sneak or spy, and is shaped like a shuriken.
Names in other languages
The student of stealth
- Nintendo of America. "Nintendo Switch Presentation 2017", 2017-01-13, retrieved on 2017-05-02.