Champions of the Erapean Union
Champions of the Erapean Union (abbreviated as CotEU) is an online weekly ARMS tournament series organized and created by Era. The series began in early 2020 and ran until early 2021 due to Era no longer having the time to run a tournament at a time suitable for European players.
Format[edit | edit source]
Similar to most weekly events, Champions of the Erapean Union runs double elimination brackets, regardless of entrant count. Players utilize Era's Discord server to communicate with their opponents as the brackets are ran on Challonge, a site that lacks player-to-player chat functions.
Just like Champions of the Era, CotEU does not use the "Backroom" stage list. This means that players have the option to play on traditionally non-legal stages such as Ramen Bowl and Sky Arena. After a player wins a game, they may also strike three stages instead of the Backroom's usual two.
Due to Champions of the Era becoming region locked to North American players, European players lost the ability to enter the unique event series. As a way to continue to support European players, Era created Champions of the Erapean Union, which was region locked to European players only. This allowed CotEU events to count toward the European ARMS Power Ranking without having North American or Japanese players interfere with European players' placings.
Tournaments[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- With 12 wins, Ripha has the most wins out of all 8 unique CotEU victors.
- Ripha also has the highest win streak in the series, winning 5 events in a row.
- The first Champions of the Erapean Union had the most participants out of any CotEU tournament with 13 entrants.
- The name "Champions of the Erapean Union" is an obvious combination of "Champions of the Era", the series' North American counterpart, and "European Union", the target demographic of the events.
- The logo for Champions of the Erapean Union was created by Frosty and LOSER.