Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
North American box art.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is a crossover Nintendo fighting game released on 2018-12-07 internationally, directed by Masahiro Sakurai. It is the fifth installment in the Super Smash Bros. series, or sixth if both the Wii U and 3DS versions are counted separately.
Several characters and elements from ARMS make cameos in-game with different roles.
- Spring Man appears as a computer-controlled helper known as an Assist Trophy. He punches fighters using Toasters.
- Mii Fighters can wear an outfit based on Spring Man and Ribbon Girl, complete with their signature Toaster and Sparky gloves.
- Spring Man Ribbon Girl, Ninjara, Min Min, and Twintelle appear as some of many collectable, stat-boosting Spirits.
- Each of the Spirit battles or Spirit summons are allusions to the characters,music or the game in general
- Spring Man's Spirit battle has a Mii Brawler wearing a costume based on him and the stage is set in the Boxing Ring stage, possibly as reference to Spring Stadium. The attacks are enhanced on his limbs. The song "Title Theme- Wii Sports Club" sounds similar to several music pieces from ARMS.
- Ribbon Girl's spirit can be summoned with Chuchu (from Kirby Dream Land 3) and the Elite Beat Divas (from Elite Beat Agents). The former wears a hair ribbon similar to Ribbon Girl and the latter are dancers.
- Ninjara's spirit can be summoned with the Shinbou's (from StreetPass Mii Plaza) core and Shadow Man's (From Mega Man 3) core. Both of those spirits are ninjas like Ninjara
- Min Min's Spirit is represented by female Corrin in orange color. She'll often uses Dragon Fang shoot, an attack that involves turning her arm into a dragon like Min Min. The stage is set in New Pork City, since there is some sort of Chinese building in the background given that Min Min is from a China-themed setting. The music that plays is Dragon Driftway from Mario Kart 8 (A game that was also produced by Kosuke Yabuki)
- Twintelle's Spirit is represented by Bayonetta, who prefers Smash attacks. Both Bayonetta and Twintelle are known to use their hair in battle and can both slow down attacks. Bayonetta also uses a Drill which bares resemblance to Twintelle's ARMS,The Parasol. The Stage is set in New Donk City Hall, in which bares resemblance to Cinema Deux.
- The Director of the game, Masahiro Sakurai, stated that he considered having an ARMS representation by character in the base game, but the roster was finished before ARMS was announced and he began working on Super Smash Bros. Ultimate after finishing Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U's DLC