The Help menu in ARMS is a section of the main menu that contains useful tips and information. The full contents of the Help menu can be found in the gallery below.
- 1 Help
- 1.1 Basic Controls
- 1.2 Modes & Rules
- 1.3 Tips & Tricks
- 1.4 The Fighters
- 1.5 Extra Stuff
- 2 Help Pages
- : Dash
- (up): Change target
- Tilt both Joy-Con*: Move
- Turn both Joy-Con inward: Guard
- : Rush
- : Jump
- Punch forward with a Joy-Con: Punch
- Punch forward with both Joy-Con: Grab
*-The plural form of Joy-Con is the same as its singular form.
Nintendo Switch Pro Controller
Modes & Rules
- Punch or get punched - that’s what ARMS is all about!
- Each fighter can take three ARMS into a match to switch between each round - choose wisely!
- In matches with more than two fighters, the last one standing wins!
- Hit the ball back before it explodes!
- The ball will explode if it hits the ground or too much time passes!
- Hit the ball with both ARMS to set it up, and then hit it again to spike it!
- There’s no ball to worry about - it’s all about throwing your opponent into the hoop!
- Dunk or toss ‘em in for 2 points, or drain ‘em from behind the arc for 3!
- First to 10 points wins - dunk for maximum style!
- Keep smashing those targets and rack up as many points as you can before time runs out!
- Chain target smashes together to score bonus points!
- It’s you against 100 - can you take ‘em all down?!
- Be sure to use the items that appear each level-up!
- Fun, friendly matches of various game types!
- Serious matches that put your rank on the line!
- Spend your hard-earned cash to try to get new ARMS!
- Hit a clock - extend your time. Hit a box - get an ARM!
- The higher your score, the more boxes show up. Gotta collect all those ARMS!
- Items can appear midmatch, so keep an eye out!
- Get close to the HP juice to steadily restore your HP!
- Get close to the rush juice to fill your rush gauge!
- Get hit by a fire bomb and you’ll get burned!
- Get hit by a fire shock and you’ll get shocked!
Tips & Tricks
(This section refers to thumbs-up grip controls)
- Dashing and jumping are the keys to victory!
- You can dash while jumping too!
- When your rush gauge is full, press or to unleash a rush!
- Tilt the Joy-Con controllers toward each other to guard!
- Hold dash to charge up a charge punch!
- Hold jump to charge up a charge punch!
- Bigger fighters can take a few hits without flinching!
- Different ARMS extend differently and have different speed and damage!
- Heavy ARMS will deflect lighter ones!
- When you get knocked down, you’ll get up in the direction you tilt the Joy-Con controllers.
- If one of your ARMS gets disabled, you won’t be able to use it for a bit!
- If your opponent likes to guard, that means more chances to grab!
- Grabs can be deflected with one-arm punches!
- The longer you charge up for a charge punch, the more time you’ll have to throw one!
- The more you punch, the faster your rush gauge will fill!
- If you take too many hits while guarding, your ARMS will be disabled!
- Your own ARMS’ explosions can damage you!
- If you block a punch and then dash right after, you’ll do an insta-counter!
- If you send an opponent flying, you can keep attacking them in midair!
- Unleashing a rush will deflect any incoming punches in that instant!
- Spring Man, aka “the bouncer”!
- When Spring Man’s health gets low, his ARMS stay perma-charged!
- If Spring Man gets hit right when his charge wears off, the punch will be deflected!
- The springboards in Spring Stadium can change the course of a match!
- Ribbon Girl, aka “the airess”!
- Ribbon Girl can jump multiple times in midair!
- Ribbon Girl can hold dash in midair to dive-bomb!
- The boxes that pop up in Ribbon Ring add a fun twist!
- Ninjara, aka “the student of stealth”!
- Ninjara can warp by dashing while jumping!
- When Ninjara blocks a punch, he counters with a warp!
- At Ninja College, it’s a battle for the high ground on the grand stairs!
- Master Mummy, aka “the grim creeper”!
- Master Mummy’s massive body lets him take punches without flinching!
- When Master Mummy guards, his health regenerates!
- Bust open the floor at the Mausoleum to reveal a trampoline!
- Min Min, aka “the ramen bomber”!
- When Min Min dashes in midair, she does a spin kick that can repel attacks!
- When Min Min charges up, her left arm turns into a dragon!
- The curved shape of the Ramen Bowl makes for spicy fights!
- Mechanica, aka “the scrapyard scrapper”!
- Mechanica can hold jump and dash to hover!
- Mechanica’s metallic body lets her absorb blows without flinching!
- At the Scrapyard it’s important to protect the high ground!
- Twintelle, aka “the silver screen queen”!
- Twintelle can slow down incoming punches while she’s charging up!
- Twintelle can hold dash in midair to air-charge!
- You can bounce off the cars at Cinema Deux to jump high!
Byte & Barq
- Byte & Barq, aka “the clockwork cops”!
- Byte & Barq fight as a team!
- When Byte jumps off of Barq, he can repel punches and do a high jump!
- You might just become a big fan of the little platform at Buster Beach!
- Kid Cobra, aka “the speed demon”!
- Kid Cobra will quick-step if he dashes while charged!
- Kid Cobra’s dash is a bit slow, but he jump really fast!
- Hop on the snakeboards at the Snake Park to add some style to your fights!
- Helix, aka “the ‘man’ of mystery”!
- Helix can extend his body by holding jump!
- Helix can shrink his body while holding dash!
- At the DNA Lab, using the tubes for offense AND defense is the key!
- Max Brass, aka "the commish"!
- Max Brass's ARMS stay perma-charged when he's in trouble, which will make him perma-buff!
- When Max Brass only completes a partial charge, he releases a shockwave that deflects incoming punches.
- Master the different levels of the Sky Arena to achieve victory!
- Lola Pop, aka "the sucker puncher"!
- When Lola Pop has her guard up, she can move forward and back in her inflated state!
- Lola Pop can inflate and air-guard when she dashes midair!
- On Via Dolce, the key to victory is threading your punches through the cafés!
- Home button can’t be used in matches, lobbies, etc., when using the thumbs-up grip.
- Study replays for keys to victory and causes of defeat!
- If you quit a Grand Prix partway through, you can continue later from where you left off!
- Apparently there’s a secret way to change your fighter’s color when selecting one…
- Warm-Up is a time-killing mode you can only play in multiplayer lobbies!
- Perfect wins are worth a big chunk of bonus cash!
- The dev team’s best ARM Getter score is 30,780!
- The dev team’s best time on 1-on-100 is 3:24.16!
- The symbol that appears when each fighter guards is their logo!
- The ARMS Grand Prix grand finale averages 100% viewership!
|Modes in ARMS|
|Versus||Fight • Team Fight • V-Ball • Hoops • Skillshot • 1-on-100 • VS Hedlok • Hedlok Scramble • ARMS Test • Rules • Replay|
|Friends||Party Match • Arena|
|Help||Stats||Recent Replays||Badges||Set ARMS||Get ARMS|